Web pages can be uploaded (from your computer) and downloaded (from our servers) in using various programs:
- FTP (File Transfer Protocol) Download
- a 'Publish' interface that may be included with your Windows system or web page editing software
- Fetch (Mac users) Download
Instructions for Transferring Files
- Start your FTP, Fetch, or 'Publish' program.
- Enter parameters to upload your files to your web space on Blackfoot's server. Most programs only need the name of the host or server that you are publishing to.
- FTP Host Name = www.blackfoot.net (for Static Personal Website)
- FTP Host Name = www.your-registered-domain.com (for Static Registered Domain Name)
- Enter your userid and password.
- Switch to the /public_html/ directory after you have connected.
- Select files to transfer. The default web page should be named 'index.html' or 'index.htm'
- Note that filenames are case-sensitive.
|Last update: 10:28 AM Monday, August 2, 2010||Print|