Blackfoot’s Executive Team has a deep wealth of knowledge and experience in the telecommunications industry.
Under the leadership of the Board of Trustees, and CEO Bill Squires, the Executive Team works to ensure Blackfoot lives up to it’s mission every day — to improve our customers’ ability to communicate, collaborate and compete by delivering superior technology solutions through trusted relationships.
- Responsible for the overall strategy and performance of Blackfoot Telephone Cooperative, Inc. and Blackfoot Telecommunications Group, Blackfoot Communications, Fremont Telephone Company, and TeleSphere Software.
- Current position since 2012. Previously served as Blackfoot’s Senior Vice President – General Counsel, from 2001-2011.
- 25+ years of legal and management experience, primarily in the fields of corporations and telecommunications and related enterprises.
- Serves on the following Boards of Directors: Montana Chamber of Commerce, CoBank, Missoula Economic Partnership, Vision Net, Inc., Syringa Networks, LLC.
- Serves on the USTelecom Association’s Leadership Committee and the Industry & Policy Committee of NTCA-The Rural Broadband Association.
- Co-Chair of Governor Bullock’s Broadband Key Industry Network committee under the Main Street Montana initiative.
- Responsible for all day-to-day operations at Blackfoot.
- Current position since 2016. Previously served as Blackfoot’s Vice President – General Counsel, from 2012 to 2015.
- Has served as a Director on the Universal Service Administration Corporation.
- 20+ years of business and legal experience in the telecommunications and energy sectors.
- Responsible for all financial activities, including accounting, treasury, financial planning and analysis, and financial reporting.
- Current position since 2014.
- CPA, MBA with 25+ years business experience. Expertise and experience in corporate finance, financial analysis and reporting, accounting, executive leadership, and financial planning and strategy.
- Responsible for establishing, directing, and articulating a long-term vision and strategy for the integration of industry technology into the organization.
- Current position since 2012. Employed with Blackfoot since 1996.
- 40+ years in the communications and networking sector, primarily in research and strategic technology planning.
- Responsible for providing executive leadership in the areas of human resources, safety, buildings/grounds, real estate, public affairs and legal.
- Current position since 2016. Previously served as Blackfoot’s Human Resources Manager since 2002.
- More than 30 years’ experience in private and public sector primarily in human resources, safety, buildings/grounds, real estate and marketing.
- Responsible for providing executive leadership for Blackfoot’s customer operations and marketing strategies.
- Current position since 2011.
- 25+ years of experience in the technology sector in business leadership, product management, corporate and product marketing, and marketing sciences.
- Responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies to generate predictable revenue growth and scaling the company’s sales efforts.
- Current position since 2013.
- 20+ years of executive sales and management experience in telecommunications.
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is legally responsible to the members of Blackfoot Telephone Cooperative for the organization’s management. Blackfoot’s Board typically meets on a monthly basis, and employs a Chief Executive Officer who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the organization. All Trustees serve a three-year term; nomination and election of Trustees occurs at Blackfoot’s Annual Meeting.
Each Trustee represents one of nine districts that encompass all of Blackfoot’s Cooperative communities. Board members are listed below in the order they appear in the picture (left to right):
- Stuart Morton, District 5 — St. Ignatius, Ravalli
- Geof Wilson, Board Vice President, District 9 — Haugan, De Borgia, Saltese, St. Regis, Superior
- Jim Blush, District 7 — Charlo, Moiese, Plains, Paradise
- Les Iverson, District 3 — Avon, Elliston, Potomac, Greenough, Ovando
- John Teague, District 6 — Alberton, Alberton South, Alta, Clinton, Powell (ID)
- Jim Newberg, District 4 — Arlee, Dixon
- Ross “Butch” Friede, District 2 — Drummond, Gold Creek, Hall, Philipsburg
- Cindy Lewis, District 1, Board Secretary/Treasurer — Condon, Seeley Lake
- Tom Eggensperger, Board President, District 8 — Noxon, Heron, Thompson Falls, Trout Creek