Blackfoot Telephone Cooperative
Cooperative Membership Benefits
- Membership in a locally owned company. Blackfoot has been serving Western Montana homes and businesses since 1954. We have more than 170+ locally-based employees, so you’ll always be in touch with live, friendly, knowledgeable people.
- Contributions to your communities. We are committed to giving back in ways that matter most to you. View our Community page for more information on Blackfoot’s community support efforts.
- Ownership interest and voting rights. Blackfoot Telephone Cooperative operates as a nonprofit corporation in rural Western Montana and is owned by its customers. Customers who buy services from the cooperative become members, and therefore, part owners in the company. You gain equity in the company and you have a voice in the future of your communications services, by exercising your right to vote at our Annual Member Meeting.
- Capital credit benefits. Capital credits are one of the many benefits you receive as a Blackfoot Telephone cooperative member. You gain equity based on the services you purchase from the cooperative, and your member account balance grows each year as you continue to purchase services. Based on the company’s financial performance and other factors, Blackfoot’s Board of Trustees decides yearly whether to refund our members a portion of their account balance, via a capital credit distribution.
- Invite to our Annual Member Meeting. Each member-owner is invited to attend Blackfoot Telephone Cooperative’s Annual Member Meeting. The meeting is a great opportunity to learn updates about the cooperative and also elect your Board of Trustees.
Ready to connect?
Let us know how we can help!