Throughout October, Blackfoot is celebrating National Cooperative Month along with over 40,000 other cooperative businesses across the country. Fun fact: 1 out of 3 Americans is a member of a cooperative! Learn more about Blackfoot cooperative membership benefits.
Celebrate with us!
Enter to win! As part of our celebration, we are giving away one $250 Gift Card to REI, a fellow cooperative business. Enter our contest >
Stop by to enjoy a treat with Blackfoot! Join us every Thursday throughout the month of October at our headquarters in Missoula to celebrate National Cooperative Month. Check out the schedule of events below.
- 10/4 from 8:30 – 10:30am: Muffins from our neighborhood bakery Black Cat Bake Shop.
- 10/11 from 8:30 – 10:30am: Pumpkin and apple baked treats from Great Harvest Bread Company.
- 10/18 from: 11am – 2pm: Stop by for popcorn and soda!
- 10/25 from 11am – 2pm: Cupcakes as a sweet treat to end Cooperative Month!
Looking to our shared future.
This year’s theme is Cooperatives See the Future and embodies what co-ops envision and work to achieve every day—a more sustainable and inclusive tomorrow. Here are some ways Blackfoot is looking to the future for our customers, member-owners and communities.
- Our Communities: The seventh cooperative principle is Concern for Community. Our motto is “Giving back. Looking ahead.” Looking ahead to the future, Blackfoot will continue to invest in the long-term success of our communities. We actively support programs, projects and events that enhance the civic, educational, environmental and cultural well-being of the communities we serve. Learn more about how Blackfoot commits to community >
- Our Students: Blackfoot is dedicated to providing educational opportunities for students of all ages. That’s why we annually contribute over $100,000 to educational endeavors. Our efforts include: academic scholarships for students; teacher scholarships to attend August Institute, an annual technology conference; and Foundation for Rural Services Youth Tour and library grants. Plus, we are a proud partner and donor at the new Missoula College. Each fall, Blackfoot also provides free Easy Access computer classes throughout our cooperative communities for members. Learn more about how Blackfoot commits to education >
- Our Cooperative: Blackfoot’s vision is to enrich the lives of our customers, owners and employees. We fulfill this through our educational and community efforts, and by delivering advanced technology throughout Western Montana. We are also committed to our fellow cooperatives. Blackfoot regularly partners with our friends at Missoula Electric Cooperative to support our shared communities.
- Our Network: In September 2016, we launched our largest construction project in Blackfoot’s 64-year history. Starting in St. Ignatius, we embarked on a major network upgrade to improve our customers’ experiences. This is part of Blackfoot’s multi-year plan to invest over $4.5 million in substantial upgrades to our broadband network throughout our communities.