Home Phone Battery Backup
If there is a power outage, your home phone service may be interrupted unless you have a battery backup in place. To ensure your phone service remains available in the event of a power outage, you can purchase a battery backup directly from Blackfoot.
Blackfoot offers a battery backup for a one-time, $70 charge. Once purchased, you own the battery. For help with installation, Blackfoot provides 24/7 support at 877-881-1155.
As a Blackfoot customer, your home phone service may be impacted during a power outage if:
- The phone line is plugged into a termination point (ONT), which then plugs into the phone jack.
- The phone is corded/hard-wired.
- The phone service is provided over a fiber line.
Terms & Conditions
- Battery usage. The battery is for use only with Blackfoot phone service.
- Life of the battery. Blackfoot offers batteries that provide up to 8 hours of standby power. Battery time depends on the age of the battery and whether the battery is kept in a cold, warm or unclean environment. To extend the battery life time during an outage, limit the use of phone service to emergency calls only.
- Storing your battery. The backup battery can be safely stored within the following temperature range: −4°F to 140°F.
- Testing and monitoring. You are responsible for monitoring the status of the battery and for ensuring that the battery is charging and operating normally. You should monitor the condition of your battery at least twice per year.
- Replacement and warranty. Blackfoot does not replace batteries. The battery comes with a standard warranty from the manufacturer for one-year from date of purchase.