Support Frequently Asked Questions
To guide you through setting up your new Calix GigaSpire router from Blackfoot, view our step-by-step video below.
How to setup Alexa on Calix Gigaspire:
- Download the Blackfoot Smart Home App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and install.
- Open the app. If this is the first time you are setting this up, you will need to click on the Sign Up Link at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill in your name, email address, the password you would like to use for this account, and your mobile phone number. It does not need to be Blackfoot specific. Check the box for “I Accept the Terms and Conditions” and then click Submit.
- Once your account has been created, use your email address and password to login to the app from the main screen. You will be asked to scan the QR code on the bottom of your GigaSpire router.
- You will then be asked to enter your wireless network SSID and password during the final setup of the application. You can change it here OR hit the back arrow at the top left to leave it as it is.
- From the main screen of the app, select the mobile menu in the top left corner of the screen (3 horizontal bars) and click on the Enable Application link.
- Select the Amazon Alexa option.
- You’ll be asked to select your router.
- Then you must enter your Amazon credentials. The app will then download the Amazon Alexa Container to your GigaSpire and enable it.
- You are all set!