Test Your Internet Speed
Find out what download and upload speed your connection is right now, plus test latency and jitter at: speedtest.blackfoot.com.
Determine Your Modem Needs
Blackfoot currently provides VisionNet M405 Single Port Ethernet and VisionNet M505N 4 Port Wireless routers. If you have a network, please contact Blackfoot or your network equipment vendor for additional information. The following are the modem specifications required should you decide to use a DSL modem not recommended by Blackfoot: ADSL / ADSL 2+ compatible. Encapsulation is PPPoE / LLC-SNAP , Must be able to adjust the VCI/VPI settings (VPI = 0, VCI = 100). Dynamic IP addressing. Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124 Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199 Blackfoot.net Username and Password
Specifications & Settings for Blackfoot Modems and Routers
Blackfoot DSL Modem/Router Specifications: PPPoE (over Ethernet) ADSL compatible; Must be able to adjust the VCI/VPI settings (VPI = 0, VCI = 100); Multiplexing is – LLC Based for PPPoE. Dynamic IP addressing Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52 Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206 Blackfoot.net Username and Password.
Qwest/Centurylink cutomers that use us for ISP will still use PPPoA with VPI=0 VCI=32 with VC Mux to work with the Clink circuit.
Blackfoot’s Domain Registration Information
Domain Name: yourdomainname.com
Administrative Contact: Your own info
Registrar Name for domain transfers: icsdomains
Billing Contact: Your own info
Primary Server Hostname: NS1.BLACKFOOTDNS.NET
Primary Server Netaddress: 220.127.116.11
Secondary Server Hostname: NS2.BLACKFOOTDNS.NET
Secondary Server Netaddress: 18.104.22.168
Installation & Configuration Instructions for Blackfoot Modems and Routers
Blackfoot Modem Installation Instructions
- Make sure both the modem and computer are connected and on.
- Open your web browser on your computer.
- In the address bar of your browser, erase the address of your default home page, and type in http://192.168.1.254 and press enter on your keyboard.
- There will be prompt for a Username and Password. Type in “admin” for the username and “0123456789” for the password. This will log you into the modem interface.
- On the left side of the screen, click on the heading called WAN. Select the sub-menu called WAN IF: Services. On the right side of the screen, click the Edit button.
- Make sure that PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) is dotted and click Next.
- Enter your DSL username and password found on the enclosed Blackfoot DSL/Sharelink Order Form, under important information. Click Next at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Apply/Save on the screen and close your browser.
- Check the lights on the modem. If you have a green internet light, you should be able to open a new browser window and get online. If the modem has a red internet light, that typically means the username or password was typed incorrectly. If this is the case, repeat the steps above and re-enter your username and password into the appropriate boxes.
- Enjoy your Blackfoot Internet service!